Well that snuck up on me quick… didn’t I just write my month 13 roundup??
Here we are at 14 months! Flying by as usual. I haven’t been around much because I’m enjoying a 2-week visit from my very first visitor!! I’ve already certified him as an open water diver and he’s doing the advanced course this week. Another diving convert! We’re having a blast, much of it assisted by Ronrico and the weather has been perfect. It’s a lot of fun finally showing someone where I live and what I do!
Speaking of what I do, the other news around here is I just achieved my PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating … movin on up! PADI even tweeted me about it 🙂
I’ve also been asked by PADI to do an interview for their blog about being a scuba professional for a living… wow! Really cool to be approached by such a big organization. So look for that coming down the line soon!
You know the drill by now:
1. Gratuitous diving photo
|dive site: one minute west
credit: ?? i forget. sarah, did you take this?
2. Posts from the last month
- a surprisingly popular post on what I eat in Honduras … watch for round 2 on this one coming soon – an islander saw my post and decided to cook for me for a week to show what ‘real’ island food is. YUM!
- my treatise on why and how lionfish are ruining Caribbean reefs, and a delicious recipe. Cause if you can’t beat ’em, eat ’em!
- a monster post about eating my way through Vancouver
- to end the food trilogy, my last post was about my super exciting first whale shark sighting! And there’s even a video of it to boot.
3. The coolest thing I’ve found on the internet this month
Calming Manatee is the best/cutest website I’ve seen in ages. Photos of manatees with captions like “It’s okay. We still like you.” Whoever made this needs a high five. I’m not even ashamed to say I actually used this a few times this week when I got a little stressed. It works!