After month 25 coming to you from Canada, this month’s roundup is actually coming from Roatan once again.
I am happily settling back in my little life on the island. While I picked a fairly terrible time to come back work-wise (this is the slowest time of year and won’t pick up again until Christmas) I am hoping I can scrape by until high season starts.
The 5 weeks I spent in Canada were, as always, never long enough to see everyone I wanted to. Sorry to anyone who I missed. Having spent significant chunks of my life in different cities in Canada means when I go back to visit, I have to divide my time between lots of places. During this trip, I spent my vacation in this order: 4 days in Vancouver, 4 days in Ucluelet, 2 days in Vancouver, 14 days in Moose Jaw, 5 days in Edmonton, and 5 days in Vancouver again. There were a lot of flights involved and time went fast. By the end, I was ready to get back to Roatan and sleep in my own bed!
And I make a few appearances in this one too:
2. Posts from the last month:
- How Taking a Walk at Night Was a Revelation – a night-time walk in Canada made me realize how my behavior has been altered by living in a place where it’s not safe to walk around at night.
- Time to Go Again: Canada Highlights – a photo recap of all the awesome things I did (and ate) in Canada.
- On Being a Chameleon – I was convinced in Canada that I was ‘home’, and ready to sign a lease. Then I got back to Roatan and felt like I would have to be dragged out of here kicking and screaming.
3. Best thing I’ve found on the internet lately:
My fave is the hammock chair, obviously.