I went offline for a few days and a lot happened! Here are the details, with photos for your viewing pleasure.
1. I spent a much-needed long weekend on the west coast of Vancouver Island in a lovely little oceanside cabin in the woods. It was so nice to relax after the whirlwind and stress of the last month and as I was graciously treated to a free trip, I didn’t have to worry about money either!
|Me on the Wild Pacific Trail in Ucluelet|
2. Bad news and then good news on the part-time job front: the receptionist position I wanted (which paid a LOT) was given away a few hours before my interview. But my interview at the gelato place went well and I am going in tomorrow night for a ‘trial’ shift. If it all goes well then I will be slinging fancy italian ice cream for the summer. Whatever – could be way worse! It’s right on the waterfront in downtown Vancouver and I do like that they use high quality organic ingredients (satisfies my inner hippie!) And this was the week that I needed to start a job, so I made it happen. Yay me. I’m pretty pleased with that! If I manage to make an extra $800+ a month at this job then I will be on track to going to Roatan in August.
3. The cherry trees are blooming here in Vancouver. I think that I will really miss this when I leave……. not enough to stay though!
|My own photo of downtown Vancouver|
4. Bad news… I found out my wetsuit no longer fits. I got a super good deal on it but then I accidentally ripped it but was using it anyway. I figured it wouldn’t be a problem in the warm water down in Roatan. However I can’t fit in it anymore, so it’s gotta go. I doubt I will be able to get much money for it…. but in the bottom of my closet yesterday I found my rollerblades, which are basically brand new so I will try to sell those and my wetsuit. I also have an outstanding invoice with one of my clients from my online business so I will ask her to pay that, and hopefully that will be enough for a new (to me) wetsuit. Here’s hoping!
5. Good news… I received a message from a friend today asking if she could hire me through my online business for an hour a week doing some marketing, score! That’s another $80/month to add to the savings account. Hopefully that works out too!
Leave a Reply