WOOHOO! 10 months! Crazy!
|(image courtesy of sarah)|
Let’s take a look at what I got up to this last month:
- some Saturday link love cause I was hungover and didn’t have much to say that day. Yep. Classy broad right here.
- what ended up being a VERY popular post – how much I make as a dive instructor on Roatan and how much it costs to live here … pretty much the exact info I was looking for before I moved here, and never found, and then started Cubicle Throwdown!
- a treatise on why having a blog is awesome. Short answer – you meet cool people and sometimes they bring you stuff.
- a guest post: 3 Spectacular Days in Singapore
- apparently some startling information – people from Roatan speak English as their first language … so yes, I live in Latin America and don’t speak Spanish. Que lastima!! (ok….en realidad, yo hablo un pocito, pero no mucho.)
And that was month 10 in the books! I’m in month 11 now, and still can’t believe I’ve been going this long on this adventure. Some changes are in store for me which I’ll go into detail on later…not ready to share quite yet. But I’m getting excited to leave to work on the megayacht in the Bahamas from June 29-July 15. After that, I’m off to The Motherland from August 8-September 2….gonna celebrate a year away by going back!
|(image courtesy of sarah)|
i like to use roundups as a reason to post gratuitous diving photos of myself. whatever.
And here’s something I’m going to start adding to my roundups to make them even better: the coolest thing I’ve seen on the internet this month. For month 10, Turntable Kitchen’s “Pairings Box” could very well be the best thing I’ve ever seen. For a $25/month subscription, they send you a box with a vinyl ‘mixtape’, beautiful recipe cards, partial ingredients for the recipes (think dried ingredients) AND a digital mixtape. These guys are geniuses and I really want to be best friends with them.
To all you lovelies – here’s to endless summer!
Remember, you can see all my monthly roundup posts by clicking on the “Roundup” tag below!
Michelle (Confessed Travelholic) says
Wow your life is so exciting! And cool pic! I've been snorkeling but not diving….I really want to try it!! 🙂
Thanks Michelle! Sometimes I forget to sit back and look at how amazing it really is 🙂 You should definitely try diving!!
Colleen Brynn says
Awesome, congrats on your 10 months, and enjoy your time at home. Also, love your new photo in the corner by your about me on the left. I love the scuba diving pics!
Thanks Colleen, and thanks for noticing the new pic 🙂 I'm glad someone out there is appreciating the scuba photos!!
Agness Walewinder says
What a great idea. I love the coolest thing I've seen on the internet this month the most. Can't wait to see it 🙂
I just keep tabs on my browser open of cool things I find and I really needed something to do with it 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it!
ifs ands Butts says
One of my most popular posts is always the cost of living in Germany. Maybe I should delve more into it because I was still pretty vague. Endless summer <3 <3
I'm not surprised Alex….a lot of people want 'real-life' info, not a few sentences from a tourist board or something. Like exactly how much do groceries cost? For example, I had NO idea until I got here that it was really difficult to get internet installed in your house and was upwards of $100/month. That would have been good to know before I came! So definitely don't skimp on the details… and YES to endless summer!
Andi of My Beautiful Adventures says
You are so inspiring!
That might just be the best compliment I've ever received coming from you my dear! I feel the same way about you 🙂