It never ceases to amaze me how the monthly number just keeps growing and growing! 27 months on this island and counting…
I have been thinking for a few days what I was going to put in this little ‘pre-roundup news’ part that I usually do, but I can’t come up with much. No news is good news I guess? I am feeling much better after my bout with dengue – thank you to all my readers and family & friends who were checking in on me! I’m ready to get diving again and cheeseburgers no longer make me gag, so I guess things are back to normal.
- New Tourist Visa Procedures on Roatan – things have changed, and not in a good way for long-term travelers.
- Two Years as a Scuba Diving Instructor in Paradise – an essay about celebrating 2 years of teaching people how to breathe underwater and not die.
- Bucket List Destination: Portugal – I really want to visit Portugal, but the reason might surprise you!
- This Island is Trying to Kill Me (Or: That Time I Got Dengue) – basically, the worst two weeks ever.
- The Dayplanner to End All Dayplanners – my second annual giveaway hosted by Personal Planner… a giveaway for a free planner, a discount code, and a contest to win a $600 American Airlines gift certificate!
3. Best thing I’ve found on the internet this month:
Nettle’s Tale Swimwear Inc. creates locally made, thoughtfully designed swimsuits for women from all walks of life. 20-somethings, 50-somethings, students or seniors, lean or athletic, pear-shaped or hourglass, petite or plus-sized…you name it, we’ll design a suit for it.
In our lookbook, you won’t see airbrushed models. You’ll see women who look like your friends.
Our designs grow out of local stories. Each swimsuit is modelled by and named after the woman who inspired its design. As you shop, you can read a profile about each of these uniquely beautiful women. Connect with who she is and what makes her body unique. Every time her suit design is sold, 10% of the profits will go to a charitable cause she’s passionate about.
If that’s not just the best, I don’t know what is. Check out their shop here. I am head over heels in love with the Britney Set… but what I’d love to get is a Rika Set! Next time I’m in Vancouver I will be looking these ladies up.