1. Yes, I’m home! Back in West End and so happy to see Roatan again. I managed to get my first rum punch within 15 minutes of arriving.
It was really surreal coming back here as I arrived exactly a year after visiting Roatan for the first time. I remembered leaving with my temporary open water diver & advanced open water diver cards, saying goodbye to new friends and telling myself that someday I would end up here and become a dive instructor. And…a year later…I DID IT!!
2. I turned 28 and had an awesome birthday which included amazing dives, a birthday serenade from the entire bar, reuniting with lots of old friends and many more rum punches. It rained all day but I didn’t care.
3. I’m back at work! I went in to say hi to my old boss and he gave me my dive instructor position back. And I moved to our new shop, which means the above photo is no longer my ‘office view’. I now work on the beach 🙂 It’s much more laid back and relaxed, with a smaller staff and NO cruise ship guests! Yay! So far so good.
4. I still can’t get over how funny these search terms are. Remember the last time I shared search terms? I should really stop posting this stuff because I think it generates more traffic with these words, but seriously, who is looking for this stuff?? REVEAL YOURSELF! And tell me if you found what you were looking for when you clicked onto my blog.
5. I have a freezer full of rum and freezies (yes, I know you probably call them something else but this is what Canadians call them, okay!?) and this makes me happy. Welcome home.