I always told myself, I’ll give this “moving to Roatan and becoming a dive instructor” thing a year, and if it doesn’t work out…well hey, at least I lived on a Caribbean island for a year, went diving all the time, drank ALL the rum punches, danced on the beach, ate 345064535488 baleadas, and had the time of my life, even if it was only for a year.
Well. I did it. I’m still doing it. And I have no plans to stop. I am having a hard time believing that this post is titled Month 13. THIRTEEN! THIRTEEN MONTHS YOU GUYS! YEAHHHH! I didn’t die! I didn’t get malaria! I didn’t get liver cirrhosis! I didn’t have my legs fall off after the bugs destroyed them! I didn’t get fat! …oh wait… scratch that one. I got a little bit fatter. Oh well. Overall, a solid track record.
Let’s get the gratuitous roundup photo of me diving out of the way:
|thanks to my super cool co-worker ken for taking my photo!|
….and go over what this month has seen in posts:
- as most of you know, I was in Canada until last week – I split my 3.5 week vacation between Vancouver with my friends and Saskatchewan with my family.
- I started a new mini-series called “Vancouver Review” since I had so many people asking for recommendations in my beloved Vancity. I started out with a review of the Vancouver Food Cart Fest.
- next up was a review of hiking Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver and trying out my new camera.
- I participated in the 2013 Capture the Color Competition and since all my photos are unretouched and taken with a shitty camera, I think I should at least get the consolation prize.
- a little public service announcement to all the jerks who think they should be able to tell me what I can and can’t say on my own damn website.
- more diving photos after I put an old camera in an underwater housing to see what I could do with it.
And my fave part of roundups: my ‘coolest thing on the internet’ find for the month. This month the award is going to the lovely Gala Darling who created the most lush online mixtape ever from her recent trip to Greece – you won’t regret putting this on. Bake some cookies, hula hoop, drink a beer and enjoy the last end-of-summer sunset while jamming out to this goodness. Enjoy.
Be on the lookout for some cool things coming down the pipeline here in the next month or two. There are a couple posts from the “Vancouver Review” series left, some slice-of-life in Honduras posts, and a video collaboration with my best friend heading your way. Strangely they are all about food. If you know me in real life, or if you’ve read at least two Cubicle Throwdown posts, you will know that last sentence was sarcasm.
So cheers to all you lovelies. I’m excited to see what year two on this adventure is going to bring me. I hope you’ll keep watching.
|my mantra for this year….say it with me folks.|